Role: Assistant Film Editor
Salary: Up to £35k
Our client is looking for a talented full-time assistant film editor to join the team and work alongside the head of fashion film. The successful applicant must have extensive knowledge of Premiere Pro, including offline editing, motion graphics, compositing and colour grading. Commercial experience as a Film Editor ideally within a fashion brand would be advantageous.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing films for the site, inserting title cards, processing video compressions and uploading videos in multiple platforms.
- Preparing video footage for the edit and transferring files to an edit-friendly format.
- Uploading videos to the site and to our social network outlets such as Facebook, Youtube and Vimeo.
- Formatting films to requested specs.
- Making Instagram assets from archive & new pieces of content.
- Editing Interviews.
- Editing process film/behind the scenes content.
- Doing selects on raw footage for fashion film or BTS.
- Filming on set under direction
- Filming b-roll/extra content for films/interviews.
- Pulling additional imagery via online research for content.
- Doing visual research for project reference.
- Researching new technology and how it can be implemented into the practice.
- Machine upkeep and organisation.
- Project archival and file organisation.
Necessary Skill Set
- Working knowledge of Mac computer systems and programs.
- Advanced in knowledge in Premiere Pro.
- Familiar with working with the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, After Effects and Media Encoder.
- Knowledge of cameras and how to use them.
- A comprehensive understanding of the filmmaking process.
- Flexible, highly-organised and detail-orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diplomatic and proactive approach.
- Able to deal with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be a quick problem solver who can turn around edits quickly.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.